Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2


On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).
Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com


I have NEVER came across an anime where I hated every single character. Seriously! Even with the bad ratings I gave for Season 1, I was at least enjoying some brief moments and was fond of Mikuru for the moe that she is. But season 2, even Kyon’s younger sister got on my nerves let alone everyone else.

“The phone is ringing”
“Ringing phone”
“Kyon-kun, the phone”
“ANSWER THE GOD DAMN PHONE!”
“Arggghhfhwohfowanconeniofnoiehohfoawhiodaiodhiodiadadwanfklanfle Phone”

There is a perfect explanation why I’m especially pissed at the above mentioned scene. You know how you normally start an episode, watch the first few minutes, then only decides to start skipping through?
Well, that’s a die-hard habit of mine. So for the duration of endless eight plot, I actually watched every scene where Kyon’s sister (whatever her name is) was going “Myeh Myeh Myeh Myeh Myeh”.



Seeing how I hate this anime. I’d point out how I would change this series to make it a 5-Star rating. Which is actually very simple and straight forward…

Kyon has to shut his narration up for just a moment. It’s like he talks without ever breathing. Yap Yap Yap Yap Yap Yap Yap and a million more. The only “good” thing was that 90% of the time all he yapped about was how Haruhi sucked, which I agree with. But even then it still got bored. Be a man, stop yapping and do something about it.

Haruhi, just as bad if not worse than Kyon and his chant-like narration. If it wasn’t Kyon and his narration buzzing non-stop, it would be Haruhi yapping away. The combination of them both freaking hurt my ears. I actually had to turn down the volume in some of the episodes as it got too neck-scratching irritating. So yeah, Haruhi has to shut her mouth too.

Mikuru has to bloody stop crying. It comes as no surprise that I’ve always been rather fond of moe, but Arghh… Mikuru, What the hell is wrong with you! Stop crying! Speak up! And do it in a none glass-shattering pitch. I would at least give her a brain in the anime.

Yuki still as expressionless as ever. Yeah, Sure, It’s her “personality”. That’s what makes her cool. Hah!! She probably spoke less words that I have in this post throughout the anime. Even if she did, most probably consist of only one word… “Yes.” Intelligent database lifeform what-the-jig-a-ma-bob indeed!
So Yuki, a character that HAS a brain (or whatever you want to call it), but don’t seem to be using it. See the irony?!

Koizumi needs a hate face! Only expression I’ve ever see him with throughout the anime is the stupid smirk he has and another version of the smirk he use when he gets a little worried. Also stupid. I “think” he has a brain, but it’s probably the size of a BB Gun bullet. And 50% of his brain activities already goes to processing the movements of combing his hair with his hands. So you can guess how bad that is…
Talking about that. Someone has to tell Koizumi to stop combing his hair with his hands. He needs a big billboard with a sign that tells him Haruhi is NOT going to fall for him. If that’s even what he is attempting in the first place. See! I’m so pissed I’ve even started resorting to my own fiction to down-bitch Koizumi.

Tsuruya! Way to go! Not only did I break my milestone of hating every single character in an anime. I never hated a character so fast! Only appearing in a single episode… no wait… half an episode… or was it quarter, and I already hate Tsuruya.




Argh! Visions getting bloody


This shot makes it worth going through Endless Eight...... 
is what I'd like to say. Unfortunately, it's not.


Opening theme, I can probably try to enjoy it, going to have to try very hard.
Closing theme, can’t even stomach it. Already forgotten how it sounds like.

Only salvageable moment was episode 1, 13, 14, and the 2 minutes worth of sorry lame excuse of an ending at episode 9. The rest of the episodes, you might as well burn it off the face of the earth.
Why I enjoyed the above mentioned episodes? Also simple…
Episode 1, I was still enjoying the feeling of a new anime. Didn’t last long.
Episode 9, Homework?! Freaking Homework?! You got to be kidding me?! Spoiler my “behind”, it’s not even worth it!
Episode 13, Someone almost got slapped! Best… Scene… Ever… Now that’s what I call karma! (Which doesn’t exist in animes by the way… or real life for that matter.)
Episode 14, Now you introduce conspiracy?! At the final episode??! Which unfortunately for me, means there must be a season 3 cooking somewhere in anime hell.

For now, I’m just amazed at how wide a gap the different preferences of animes we human beings have.



I was so bored, I found myself doing other stuffs. Lol!


The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2
Rating: 1-Star
Torrents: Chihiro

Klux, Upon reading this… don’t crucify me k? At least I tried… -.-“
Well, on a good note, I deleted every single “fark” from this post. Initial draft spotted at least 1 “fark” in every 2 sentences. Lol!

Hmm... If memory serves me right. Glo is a fan too.
Lol! I am in such deep shit.

4 comments:

  1. Meh. You're not the only one to dislike Haruhi. Solidarity, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I found irony though is the fact that you have the girls figures in your collection. Talk about hypocrisy :P

    When it comes to Haruhi, you can either hate it or love it. There's no in between. I happened to be a fan because well... Haruhi is like the anime version of me, except that I'm not obsessed with aliens, just with other useless random things. And I always like strong female character. Haruhi is definitely one of my top 5.

    As for my love for Kyon... it all stem from the seiyuu. The same voice actor that does/did Gintoki, Aizawa, Kensei and Mayama to name the few :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost interest in haruhi s2... i LOVE the season 1+ love suzumiya haruhi, but due to the endless eight.. i stop reviewing the whole anime~~~ they make me cry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Snark
    Had to google Solidarity. Lol!
    Thanks for a new word...

    @klux
    Yeah. I know. Lol! I love the figures. But just can't find myself enjoying the anime. Ironic indeed...

    @razrig
    Ragez! Ragez! Lol. Just kidding. Actually the endless eight wasn't "crazy" bad for me. It was just "plain" bad. Erm... What was I trying to say again? -.-"

    ReplyDelete