Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shin Mazinger Shogeki! Z-Hen


Developed from Japanium ore is the super energy, Photon Power. Seeking this energy is Dr. Hell, a madman craving world domination who along with his subordinates Baron Ashura and Count Brocken, commands the Machine Beasts excavated from Bardos Island (believed to be Rhodes) to attack the Photon Power Lab and take it for himself. Meeting the attack head on is our hero, the hot-blooded teenager Kouji Kabuto who pilots the super robot Mazinger Z, constructed by his grandfather Juzo and made from the strongest metal Chogokin Z. But in this battle between Dr. Hell and the Kabuto family, many legends surrounding the Mycenaean Civilization and Bardos Island, as well as the secrets of Mazinger Z remain shrouded in mystery.
Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com



Finished Mazinger yesterday…

I’m lost. Am I to be expecting a second season? Or is it “The End”?

I like how they use clips from the old series.
But there’s way too much recaps. And I hate how they jump back and forth between the time-line. It feels fresh at first, but after a while, it actually gets irritating cause I’ll keep going

“Erm… Did I skip an episode by mistake?”

The 100 Rocket Punch ending was bad ass! And I liked a specific group of characters, namely the Kurogane House, a lot. They were the RoXXors!

But in the end, I didn’t enjoy this series as much as I though I would.
I blame Snark for it! He made me expect too much. :p




Shin Mazinger Shogeki! Z-Hen
Rating: 3-Stars
Torrents: Baka-Updates

1 comment:

  1. I have about the same feeling as yours, but I think it is the mecha fight scenes that slightly dissapointing.

    The storyline and character development is definitely much better than most of the mecha anime.

    ReplyDelete