Wednesday, August 26, 2009

K-On! – Extensive review


It's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bass player, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy.
Source: AnimeNewsNetwork



This is an extensive review of K-On which dwells into how it made an impact on the psychological level and how it affects otaku on the inner conscience. I will go into the finest details possible episode by episode, checking and double checking it over and over again to make sure I don’t miss the slightest detail. Expect mind boggling facts and data gathered from my extensive observation!













Episode 1: Hehe…


Episode 2: HeheHah…


Episode 3: HahaHAha…


Episode 4: Hahaah…


Episode 5: HAH!


Episode 6: fuwa fuwa fuwa fuwa fuwa fuwa… HahahA…


Episode 7: Wtf?! Haha…


Episode 8: fuwa fuwa fuwa.. Hahaha…


Episode 9: HhaHAHha..


Episode 10: Huhuhu…


Episode 11: OH-no!


Episode 12: HAhaHAh… AAAaaAAawwwWWwwWWwww….


Episode 13: HAHAhaha… Kusi! Kusi!



*Zombified blur*: K-On… Happyyy… K-On… Fuuunnnyyy… K-On… KaawwwaaIiiiiIIi… K-On… MooEEeeeE… K-On… Giive… 5-Staarr…. *drooooool*

K-O-O-O-O-on!
Rat-t-t-ting: 5-St-ta-ta-tars
T-T-T-Torrents: Chi-hi-hi-hi-ro


10 comments:

  1. Lol! Enjoyed my extensive review above?

    Ok! Seriously , I really enjoyed K-On. In fact, I love it.

    I started K-on expecting to be overwhelmed by retarded moe. Needless to say I wasn’t. In fact, I don’t think K-on was moe at all. It felt more like the sort of silly slapstick comedy. The action of being careless to crack a joke or… Wait! Yui’s *fuwa*fuwa* face just popped into my head. Ok, now the *moe*moe*kyun* popped into my head too… Ok! I’ll admit it. K-on was moe. But still, the moe felt like it had purpose. Not just there for the sake of “being” moe.
    The moe, might I say it, was perfectly placed. Unlike Asura Cryin, where I would go WTF? at the slightest hint of Kanade’s (the she-demon from Asura Cryin) attempt at moe, K-On made me go AAaAAAaaaawwwwwww… Kawaii. Perfect execution indeed.
    If moe was a certified form of art, K-on would be the Great Grandmastah!

    And come on, the jokes were funny. Don’t try to hide it!
    Feel free to convert to K-Onism if you want; You have my blessings. I almost did. But then again, No thanks… I have my hands full worshipping CLannad, TOradora and Kannagi.

    It’s funny, light, kawaii. What more can you ask for? It entertains, People! Why the hate?!
    I don’t get how Minami-ke could get so much love, yet K-on so much hate. They are practically the same breed! Only major difference was that Minami-ke has an underaged crossdressing she-male. Tells you just how “healthy” the otaku world is doing. -.-“

    In attempting to not sound like an absolute fanboy, I tried to think of something I hated about K-On… None!
    Ok, what about minor details. Something which I would have changed in K-on if I could... Zen Zen Nai!
    Hmm… Ok, What about something I could change to make K-On perfect……


    Oh… mY… Gawddd… I just realized K-on IS PERFECT!!!

    I decided to take a big risk and put the actual review in the comments instead of at the end of the dummy review to make the above post look legit and in result, cause some ROFLcopters.
    *Cross fingers*
    Hope it worked! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really got to watch this series! Got it downloaded and it's waiting for my eyes to view it! O.O

    P.S. Thanks for the article! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not perfect. Only K-Onerd will said so. Feel free to compare my review with yours and see the world like the rest of us do :P

    on the other hand, I did pre-ordered Mio and Yui nendoroid. Oh noes, what does this mean?! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CAG
    Lol. Watch K-on when you feel like you need a little mindless laugh. But then again, Needless would probably do a better job at that, seeing how you love it so much. :)

    @klux
    To be honest with you, before completing the series I avoided reading your review. I was worried that any fault you find with K-On would linger in my head and haunt me during the course of the show.

    But now that I've read it, I can honestly say you are a K-Onerd in denial... :p

    Go-on... Admit it! You love K-on! You know you want to. You even ordered the figures when I decided to take a pass. :P

    Also, K-On must have had quite a high standard for you to compare with Seirei no Moribito (which is also a Perfect anime too! Lol!) although with K-On being the weaker anime.

    The only "down" side to K-on is how it lacks a good story. Depending on how you look at it; Sure it doesn't have plots or drama, but that was never it's intention. What K-On wanted to do was give it's viewers a carefree time, expense minimal brain power and extrude maximum airhead-ness which worked exceptionally well... on me.. -.-"

    At the end of the day, I guess it boils down to different people with different taste. And I guess that I'm pretty appreciative of the moe aspects of an anime. I don't even know my own taste. -.-"

    I am also starting to feel my inner fanboy-ism slowly taking over me. When that happens. Everyone Please-oh-please snap me out of it!

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah. K-On is Detroit Metal City for pedophiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I'm not a K-Onerd. I have only finished watching it recently, like last week or so. The only reason I pre-ordered the Nendos was because GSC made them so effing cute >_<

    @Snark, DMC is the Best. fucktard-Anime. Evar >=D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Great review. Really loved the light mindless but cute aspect of K-On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go to DMC! Go to DMC! :p
    Was the funniest anime I've ever seen in a while. Humping the Japanese tower under the rain was where I laughed until I had a stomachache!

    Hmm... Not that I think if it I might have underrated DMC in my review.

    @Yi
    Thanks! Currently not at home so can't stay online for too long. But will definitely drop by your blog when I get back from my none-hiatus.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. must...stop...watching...AAAHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol... Animenerdz is going on zombification.. :p

    ReplyDelete