Thursday, December 3, 2009

Guin Saga - Best Anime of 2009


The ancient kingdom of Parro has been invaded by the armies of Mongaul, and its king and queen have been slain. But the "twin pearls of Parro," the princess Rinda and the prince Remus, escape using a strange device hidden in the palace. Lost in the Forest of Rood, they are rescued from Mongaul soldiers by a strange leopard-headed man named Guin, who has no memories except for the word "Aurra."





Guin Saga IS OFFICIALLY the Best Anime of 2009. Endorsed, Declared, Appointed and Sworn by NaNeee?!, Anime3R, blur.
When I say "Best" I do mean "nothing can touch it with a 10-foot pole. Not even Koukaku No Regios or Basquash! And I hold both anime titles in very high regards mind you.

How can I make such a bold statement you ask?

Well let's see...
The animation is just slightly above average, nothing to shout about except for the nicely drawn landscapes. The action sequence are a mix. War scenes pretty much sucked but individual combats were nice, being smoothly animated with a touch of flair.

The opening theme is Myehhh... but the ending theme is wonderful. Saga~ This is my road is exactly what you would expect as a song by Kanon. A high-pitched opera-styled wonder indeed.



But the story. OMG! The script IS JUST FREAKING AMAZING!
I've always been a fan of the RPG genre in anything. Diablo, Dungeon and Dragons, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Siege, The Witcher, Magic the Gathering, Archmage, Lone Wolf and the Kai Masters' series, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc. etc.

But damn! The fantasy setting in Guin Saga is just... amazing. I actually felt like I was reading a Adventure novel when watching Guin Saga. Something I've NEVER felt before.

Won't lie though, there were 2 parts in the anime which I wasn't too fond of. Where Guin, the lead character, would appear out of nowhere and happened to "arrive just in time to save you". I'd preferred it if they actually showed him making his way instead of just appearing like that. And the fact that they left an open ending. Ass!
Though, it's just a minor rant of mine. Perfection, so close, yet so far. Lol!

The 2 parts is mediocre compared to the feeling of being so immersed in the story of an anime. Something most animes never bothered to do nowadays. They just show you girls, boobs, guns, fireballs and call it a day. No, not Guin Saga. It doesn't even have the slightest hint of moe. Unless you call Suni moe.


Suni: Am I moe?


Another day, another funky fansub. Lol.


I wanted to express my hate for Remus. But that would get too verbal, am I would pity the abuse he get, so I refrained.


FalconnnNNNnn PUUUnnnnCCCHHH!!!!!

Guin Saga
Rating: 5-Stars
Torrents: frong
More Info: AnimeNewsNetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment