Sunday, May 31, 2009

Clannad: After Story

Photobucket
Life continues on for Tomoya. A few months have passed since he confessed his love to Nagisa. Now entering his graduating year, he continues to meet a variety of different people, expanding his own world in the process. As well, Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship begins to enter a level of intimacy unlike before. Through his relationship with Nagisa, and his various encounters, Tomoya begins to understand the meaning and importance of family. Unfortunately, as Tomoya and Nagisa begin their own family together, they are faced with many hardships and challenges along the way. Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I’ll give it to you short and simple. Clannad: After Story is definitely among THE BEST animes I have ever watched. Everything good from the first series of Clannad is definitely brought over and improved in After Story. Again the storytelling, animation, script, voice acting, background music, all were perfect. Want to know more details? Read the original review here . Only the ending theme didn’t really grow on me though. But it’s not like I hated it. Just didn’t feel attached. One thing I noticed was that the facial expressions seemed to improve, as the characters face changes according to the mood. Where as compared to the first series, it didn’t really catch my attention. This series isn’t as romantic as before, but instead focused more on friendship and maternal aspects. I know that there are some who would appreciate the cut down of Moe in this second series. It is totally fine with me Moe or no Moe, as the story was just too good.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Perfect first episode to kick start the series. Something to recap the close friendship or relationship everyone has with each other. I made a mistake of watching the OVA and am really feeling depressed thinking of when I will reach the final storyline when whatever happens, happens. By 3rd episode, it was already starting to feel heavy on the heart. The comedy before that, helped me relaxed and fit in with the mood of the characters and absorb what they wanted to do as characters in the anime. The first story was regarding Sunohara and told how he and Tomoya became friends. Also included how Sunohara and his sister’s relationship were. Episode 5 and 6 was another story, this time surrounding Misae Sagara, the dorm keeper. By this time I was thinking that maybe this series was not to be as tear-jerking as the first series. Touching do doubt with a few sad scenes to get some wet eyes, but nothing too heavy. Also at this point, I felt the BGM has finally been overused, only at this story though. Miyazawa Yukine’s story was next. Revealing the true background of the second library’s attendant. Maybe because all were short stories till now, I didn’t feel particularly touched by the stories. Instead, it felt like a hit-or-miss case. Throwing a bunch of random stories and if any managed captivate the viewers hearts. It was still a nice and light watch though, as fans will get to explore the characters who were untouched in the original Clannad series.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Episode 9 to 11 really saw the transition of the anime from a school based setting over to adulthood. Tomoya graduates and sets out to be independent. Looking for a job and a place of his own. Well job on the transition of the setting. Definitely felt smooth and natural. Things also starts to get reaaally heavy, emotionally, now. To be honest, by now, I was so captivated that I lost all ability to jot down notes for this review. The anime had grab hold of my heart and I was focused a 110% attention. All the way to episode 16, the first climax, and another climax in the later episodes, and to the end of the series, I was either crying for joy or wiping tears of despair (Am still contemplating if I should actually post this statement.. Hazukashi-des). I just couldn’t bring myself to write anymore, every time I do, I wet my eyes. Imagine my joy when they had a somewhat “acceptable” ending (Hmm… Wondering what does “acceptable” mean? WATCH THE ANIME! Lol!). What felt like a slow start at the beginning of Clannad: After Story really made way for a phenomenally great ending. Again, I will say this, ONE OF THE BEST ANIMES EVER!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Clannad: After Story
Rating: 5-Stars
Torrents: SS-Eclipse

No comments:

Post a Comment