Monday, August 17, 2009

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka


One day Junichi Nagase comes across two boys tormenting Yuuhi Katagiri. When he steps in to help they run off calling him "Geno Killer". He then walks off without introducing himself or allowing the girl to either. The next day to both of their surprise she is introduced as a new transfer student to his class. The following day due to a misunderstanding he kisses her which greatly upsets her. That evening to his surprise and dismay she shows up to his door saying she is his fiancee and that she has come to live with him to evaluate him to see if he is worthy of her. Much hi-jinx ensues as the days go by.
Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com




Now you too can have Wings on a head. Going for only $9.99. Limited time only.


Have you watched Ristorante Paradiso? Remember the ending song for that anime? How it made you feel? Well Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka brings about the same sensation, sufficient kusu-kusu and fuwa-fuwa with just a tad of doki-doki every now and then. :p
That was what it made me feel. Unfortunately, having the lack of strong contents means that this will be a short review. 2 episodes down and I still had nothing solid to comment on.

Graphics are good. I also enjoyed the voice casting. Crazy amount of ending theme. Throughout the anime, all I could derive was that I was having a relaxing time and Junichi and Minato has an obvious siscon which the anime thrives on for the latter half of the series.


To be Emo or to be moe...

Emo... Moe.. Sigh..

What does emo and moe have in common? Yes.. They use the same 3 alphabets. But that's not the answer I was looking for.
The answer is that both are to be found in episode 12 of Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.




Don't be misled, classes like this DO NOT exists. Yeah sure you can do it if you had the money and power, but if you had it, you wouldn't need a class in the first place. Catch my drift?



I’ll be honest here, I downloaded this anime because I heard there was a lot of fanservice. Instead all I got was a mindless anime which was surprisingly enjoyable to watch as it slowly sucked the brain juice from my very mind as I try to process each episode. By episode 9, it was time to take the sister complex to another level! Let’s have the sister falling for her bro too now. Up to episode 10, probably deciding to do a proper ending, the comedy dropped and the romantic aspect of the anime were focused on. The scenes reminded me on a short but coming ending just around the corner. Felt like a nice touch there.


Again Uniforms and Tentacles but no fan service. Well.. Actually... Minimal fanservice. :p


Reminds me of the opening theme in Clannad After Story, where Nagisa was walking along a road too.


Episode 8 brought about an alien. So bouncy it even seemed fake for a 2d chick. It's a .gif file. Click on it, let it load, see the alien for yourself.


Nago-nago is the coolest character. Albeit the weirdest and most mysterious. Mirsad too? I don’t know.


Stupid things like this is what kills the impact of a nicely scripted episode. Being so full of tears one minute and happily chatting the next. Wtf?! Talk about fast recovery.


At the rate the pesky friends were constantly asking how things were. I would have shouted at them to lay off and give me some time to think about things.


I would love for a Sensei to come pick me up in a chopper (Provided it's comfortable.. -.-") to do some rounds around town.
Wouldn't matter if it was a male or not. However, the following line would certainly ring an alarm in my head though.



I finally understand that it is exactly because I don’t expect anything from this anime that I am able to enjoy it so much.

I would love to give this a 4-star rating but the constant suggestion of incest bothers me (I’ll be damned if anyone believes that... Lol!) but let’s be honest here… (Spoiler Warning: Highlight to read) to those who watched this, we all know that they’re not blood related now are they. Therefore it isn’t reeeaaally incest… technically… probably… I guess… -.-“
I think I just degenerated a little. NoOOoo… I don’t want to be a Borak. Seriously though, I hate the Borak movies.

At the end of the day, Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka is a good watch, ONLY if you do not expect to be awed. It’s a run-of-the-mill comedy anime only different from the rest by the constant mention of siscon and a little above average graphics, nothing more. However, it does what it’s meant to do and I did have a good time watching it, so 3-stars then (borderline 4-Star but nahhh..). Even now as I write this review, I'm still contemplating on whether this is a keeper or not.

And now to end the post with 3 consecutive shots of Nago-Nago

Why? Cause I have a thing for this one-eyed moe. :p


Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Rating: 3-Stars
Torrents: Eclipse

*Don't know if anyone noticed by now, but Yeah.. this was a rather hollow review. There is just nothing much to write about on this anime, from my point of view anyway. :p


Erm sorry klux... Great news will come out next post. Lol! Couldn't finish uploading the vid's for my G.A.C.C. post. So pull this Akane review out from my draft box instead.

3 comments:

  1. I dropped this after the second episodes >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, to be honest, doesn't really look like my kinda thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. I think this would the the last anime I'd ever recommend to both you guys. Lol!

    ReplyDelete