Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hyakko

Photobucket
Kamizono Academy is so spacious that transfer student Ayumi Nonomura and long time resident Tatsuki Iizuka find themselves lost together in the corridors. With the addition of fiery Torako Kageyama and quirky, somber Suzume Saotome, the four quickly become friends and comrades in arms against boredom. Whether it's being a last minute Morals Officer with bisexual Nene or constructing robots with Kageyama, there's plenty of fun to go around at Kamizono Academy! Source: Anime-planet.com

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

First episode watched and I was hooked. Hyakko really put a smile at my face all the way from the first episode to the final. Dig the graphics, love the color, good mix of characters, a well written comedy script. At the beginning, Ayumi’s voice really irritated me. That’s because it’s so freaking high pitched. But after 3 episodes or so, it grew on me and I started accepting and enjoying it as a part of her character.

The opening theme was ok I guess, did help push up the mood a little. But the ending theme felt like something they just threw in to fill the slot, didn’t do anything for me.

If comedy is anywhere even remotely near your cup of tea, then you cannot afford to miss Hyakko! Honestly, I haven’t had such a nice laugh while watching anime in a while now. Even when smiling, I could notice that the laughter was somewhat natural. Nothing forceful in the comedy. However, the final episode did catch me off-guard. It was somewhat disappointing.

Hyakko feels light and fresh. Definitely a rejuvenating anime. The funny antics just keep coming and coming. Best of all was that at no point in time was it ever repetitive. What more need I add? 5-star love for Hakko.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Hyakko
Rating: 5-Stars
Torrents: Static-Subs

No comments:

Post a Comment